Scroll to the bottom of this page for information from NJEA about the change in mSGP weight for summative evaluations.
Important Information for the Beginning of School:
- When called into a meeting, know your Weingarten Rights: If this meeting could in any way lead to a change in the terms and conditions of my personal working conditions or my being disciplined or terminated, I respectfully request that my Association representative be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to answer any questions.
- What to do if you are accused of child abuse:
- REMAIN SILENT!
- For assistance, call your local association: 973-777-1970
- Put nothing in writing.
- Never sign what someone else writes up about the incident.
- Do not get with Institutional Abuse Investigation Unit without an attorney. Do not discuss the matter with anyone except an attorney.
Are you new to the district? Please click on the “New Members” tab above to get access to important information.
Become a NJEA Pension Activist today!
The first Representative Council meeting for the 2016-2017 school year will be Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at LMS beginning at 6:30 pm sharp. There will be a workshop for A/Rs (“reps”) before the meeting on the following topics:
- Weingarten rights
- Evaluation issues
- Monthly meetings with administration
- 10 minute faculty meetings (on union issues)
- rebuttal writing
Association Representatives: Watch your email for more details and the opportunity to RSVP for this training workshop.
Information on Compound Medications for employees in SEHBP Prescription. We have a different prescription plan–stay tuned for an update on possible changes.
PPS Teacher Evaluation Overview (Document created in conjunction with the DEAC; updated version should be available September 2016)
2016 Health Benefit Contributions Update: Premiums went up! That is one reason why your 2016 paycheck is less. Visit the Division of Pensions and Benefits website, and use their calculator to determine the increase in your premium and check it against your pay stub. In addition, you must input the monthly prescription premium; click here: 2016 Express Scripts Rates. Please note this calculator does not work with Safari; use Explorer or Firefox as your browser.
Do you want to buy a home in Passaic? Check out the Teacher Next Door Program.
Attention Coaches: The Thomas R. Brown Athletic Grant from California Casualty is available for school sports programs.
Get a quote for a car insurance policy from California Casualty. EAP members have saved money on their insurance premiums using this company. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you are considering retirement, you are entitled to a consultation with NJEA. For more information, call the NJEA UNISERV office (Region 27) at 973-694-0154.
Mentoring Information: New teachers please note: you are responsible for the fee $550 if you hold provisional certification; $1000 if you are pursuing alternate route certification. For more information read this bulletin from the NJDOE about your obligations as a new teacher. Also, check out this information from NJEA.
USE DISCRETION IN POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA and in all your electronic communications. Ask your Senior Rep for a copy of the Passaic BOE policy.