If you are covered by one of the NJ DIRECT health insurance plans, you are eligible to participate in a new program for primary care services called Paladina Health. This is an “add-on”–you are not required to leave your current doctor or pay any additional costs. Find out more this Thursday, October 26, at an Open House in Clifton beginning at 4:00 pm. Click here for more information.
EAP Annual Social Event–Friday, November 3
All members are welcome to enjoy food, beverages, and entertainment at the Mountainside Inn (509 Hazel Street in Clifton.) Your school identification card will be necessary to enter. Guests will be welcome with payment of $10 which must be received at the EAP office by Wednesday, November 1. There will be a NJEA Member Benefits Fair from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The party begins with DJ Clarke at 7:00 pm and lasts until 11:00 pm. There will be door-prize giveaways to the first 100 EAP members that attend the “Benefits Fair” between 6:00 to 7:00 pm.
- When called into a meeting, know your Weingarten Rights: If this meeting could in any way lead to a change in the terms and conditions of my personal working conditions or my being disciplined or terminated, I respectfully request that my Association representative be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to answer any questions.
- What to do if you are accused of child abuse:
- REMAIN SILENT!
- For assistance, call your local association: 973-777-1970
- Put nothing in writing.
- Never sign what someone else writes up about the incident.
- Do not get with Institutional Abuse Investigation Unit without an attorney. Do not discuss the matter with anyone except an attorney.
Are you new to the district? Please click on the “New Members” tab above to get access to important information.
The next Representative Council meeting for the 2017-2018 school year will be Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at LMS beginning at 6:30 pm
Do you want to buy a home in Passaic? Check out the Teacher Next Door Program.
Attention Coaches: The Thomas R. Brown Athletic Grant from California Casualty is available for school sports programs.
Get a quote for a car insurance policy from California Casualty. EAP members have saved money on their insurance premiums using this company. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you are considering retirement, you are entitled to a consultation with NJEA. For more information, call the NJEA UNISERV office (Region 27) at 973-694-0154.
Mentoring Information: New teachers please note: you are responsible for the fee $550 if you hold provisional certification; $1000 if you are pursuing alternate route certification. For more information read this bulletin from the NJDOE about your obligations as a new teacher. Also, check out this information from NJEA.
USE DISCRETION IN POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA and in all your electronic communications. Ask your Senior Rep for a copy of the Passaic BOE policy.