NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE: JANUARY 17, 2018
Complete this Formal Observation Report Survey today! We need your response!
UPDATE-Urban Hope Act on hold…for now! It is expected to be reintroduced when Governor-elect Phil Murphy takes office. You can still TAKE ACTION below.
Happy New Year! 2018 is starting off with really poor proposed legislation on the rise in Trenton!
The proposed senate bill S-3309, the Urban Hope Act, which targets Camden public schools and is not “hope” for any urban district, is scheduled to be heard in the Senate Budget Committee tomorrow, Thursday, January 4th. NJEA opposes this legislation and needs you to TAKE ACTION!!!
Please click on the link below to learn more and to let your state senator know that you as an educator (and an urban educator), oppose this proposed legislation!
- When called into a meeting, know your Weingarten Rights: If this meeting could in any way lead to a change in the terms and conditions of my personal working conditions or my being disciplined or terminated, I respectfully request that my Association representative be present at the meeting. Without representation, I choose not to answer any questions.
- What to do if you are accused of child abuse:
- REMAIN SILENT!
- For assistance, call your local association: 973-777-1970
- Put nothing in writing.
- Never sign what someone else writes up about the incident.
- Do not get with Institutional Abuse Investigation Unit without an attorney. Do not discuss the matter with anyone except an attorney.
Are you new to the district? Please click on the “New Members” tab above to get access to important information.
The next Representative Council meeting for the 2017-2018 school year will be Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at LMS beginning at 6:30 pm
Do you want to buy a home in Passaic? Check out the Teacher Next Door Program.
Attention Coaches: The Thomas R. Brown Athletic Grant from California Casualty is available for school sports programs.
Get a quote for a car insurance policy from California Casualty. EAP members have saved money on their insurance premiums using this company. Contact email@example.com for more information.
If you are considering retirement, you are entitled to a consultation with NJEA. For more information, call the NJEA UNISERV office (Region 27) at 973-694-0154.
Mentoring Information: New teachers please note: you are responsible for the fee $550 if you hold provisional certification; $1000 if you are pursuing alternate route certification. For more information read this bulletin from the NJDOE about your obligations as a new teacher. Also, check out this information from NJEA.
USE DISCRETION IN POSTING ON SOCIAL MEDIA and in all your electronic communications. Ask your Senior Rep for a copy of the Passaic BOE policy.